O2 Consulting is currently looking to recruit 3-4 lawyers to reinforce its boosting Fintech Practice.
A space has opened up for ambitious and driven strong corporate lawyers with experience in corporate finance, regulation and M&A, expected to be actively engaged in corporate and regulatory structuring of hi-tech and fin-tech businesses: blockchain-powered B2B, B2C, P2P businesses, cryptocurrency exchanges and wallets, venture, private equity and crypto- funds, e-banks, e-trading and clearing platforms, asset managers, e-marketplaces, etc.
An ideal candidate will have English law transactional experience across any of the following: financial regulation, commercial, corporate (M&A / Private Equity / VC) and IP in a transactional capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Mid-level/senior associate with 2-5 years PQE with a clear interest in FinTech
- The successful candidate will be a true high-performer specializing in US federal and state law and/or EU law and/or law of offshore common law jurisdictions (Cayman, BVI, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, etc.) with extensive experience in any of the following (ideally in two or more sectors):
- Regulation of Financial Markets (US: Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, FinCEN, SEC, CFTC, CFPB authoritative documents), (EU: MIFID2, AIFMD, UCITS Directive, PSD2, EMD), (Offshore: applicable laws on financial market regulation);
- Corporate Law;
- Compliance (US: Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, EU: AMLD4)
- Solid legal drafting and speaking proficiency in English
- general understanding of English law
- Excellent academic background with degree in law from top-ranked university, English law degree (or international LLM) is a plus
- The successful candidates will ideally have gained 2-5 PQ law firm experience in one of the ILFs or leading Russian law firms or in-house legal practice with a major investment fund or international financial services provider
- Experience in structuring IPOs, private placements, ICOs is a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to maintain a positive team environment and to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service
- Highly organised and meticulous
- A strong work ethic, a willingness to learn and a desire to work as a part of a collaborative team
- The very best national and international work (recently have undertaken deals in the US, Germany, Switzerland, Iran, India, Estonia, Singapore and other countries).
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
- Genuine long-term career prospects supported through our trainings and our O2 Academy professional development programmes
- The firm is known for the high intellect of its lawyers and for its professional collaborative team which is widely recognised for being amongst the very best in the business
In case of interest, please contact us:
Tel: 8 (495) 653-83-00,